Instructions for Authors
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the JCSI journal system. Submitting authors will create user accounts that will allow them to upload manuscripts, supporting documents and revisions. Submitting authors will also be able to track the progress of their submissions through streamlined communication while the manuscripts complete the peer review process. Please note that the turnaround is 3 to 4 months for decisions on original and revised manuscripts. Submissions must adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Manuscripts should not exceed 25 pages, excluding references.
- Follow the style guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.).
- Margins should be one inch on all sides. Justify margins on the left side only. Do not justify margins on both sides.
- Double-space the entire document, including the references.
- Include a 150-250 word abstract.
- Within the text, use parenthetical references following APA style. All references in the reference list should be cited in text. All references in the text should be cited in the reference list.
- Do not include the primary author’s name or other identifying information in the header, footer or the text of the document.
- All documents should be submitted in Word or RTF format.
Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication will receive a separate set of guidelines for the final author approval process. All approvals must be returned within 10 days.